AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
The Account Manager ensure that adequate resources and capability (people and processes) reside within the business or Powder Coatings to deliver on the financial and non financial targets by managing business relationships with customers / accounts (current customers and new prospects) especially strategic customers.
- Create and execute Account/Customer plans aligned with Regional / Global Segment & Marketing plan if applicable.
- Develop relevant Commercial pipeline for respective accounts.
- Deliver the agreed financial and non financial targets in line with business budgets.
- Drive innovation through customers.
- Develop and maintain contact map within each account – at all reporting level and across all functions.
- Drive Continuous Improvement across the organization to generate value to customers – Forecast, Service, capability, efficiency and productivity.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including relevant teams at the key accounts to prioritize new developments, make plans for trials, etc.
- Provide support and leadership to sales, customer services and technical teams by showing vision, putting in resources to ensure high service levels and operational efficiency.
- Steward new business development projects opposite account requirements.
- Independently prepare sales presentations, contracts and proposals to ensure successful outcome of transactions.
- Manage negotiations to mitigate claims.
- 5-8 years of work experience in commercial roles, sales and key account management, sales to strategic accounts.
- Experience in the Paints & Coatings industry, in B2B industry environment.
- In Dept understanding of the Powder Coatings industry; including application, technical opportunities and limitations.
- Outstanding communication skills; communication, presentation, stakeholder management.
- Strong business acumen, ability to understand cross functional processes, financial concept and create value proposition.
- Ability to take decision considering all angles and blindspots.
- Manage project and solve problem with result orientation mindset.
- Bachelor Degree in business management or related field.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.