On the Merchant Strategy & Ops team, our mission is to have best-in class merchant selection, build services for our merchants to grow their business, and help our partners operate. Our Canada team is situated across the country and works with our global counterparts to share best practices and important insights.
About the Role
As Manager of Canada New Verticals Selection, you will be responsible for setting, driving, and building on the Canada New Verticals (e.g., Grocery, Convenience, Retail) selection strategy, including: defining our selection growth goals, growing our merchant base in every market across Canada, and building playbooks to help our teams move faster. You will report directly to the Senior Manager of Canada Selection on our international merchant strategy and operations team.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build the Selection Strategy – You will build the strategy for New Verticals selection health, including which merchants we need and how to get them.
- Own the Plan to Delivery – You will not just have the vision, but work on the plans to bring your strategy to life. You will bring go-to-market planning & execution for new selection initiatives to help grow our New Verticals merchant base and increase value to our customer audiences.
- Make Data Driven Decisions – You will build models to determine selection success, product KPIs, and support our teams. You will use data-driven decision-making and sound business judgement to run experiments on everything from new tests to existing optimization.
- Build Relationships – You will work cross-functionally with our several stakeholders (Sales, Operations, Product, General Managers) to ensure the New Verticals selection vision and plans are understood around the business, and teams are motivated to engage and land key initiatives.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a problem solver – You can translate high-level goals into actionable plans.
- You are analytical – You let data tell the story and you’re comfortable modeling in Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets).
- You are an operator – You thrive in a fast-paced, evolving work environment. You have 6 years of work experience, specifically across: consulting / strategy / operations / technology / banking or related experience.
- You are a strong communicator – You tell the story to different audiences and through different media
- You are a dedicated people leader – You have a track record as a people manager and an ability to build a diverse and inclusive culture.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection